Spring into Summer Cleaning: 6 Fresh & Easy Tips Using Water!
If you didn’t finish your spring cleaning, don’t sweat it. Either pick up where you left off or, get started now with these simple cleaning hacks that multiply the power of water to get your home as fresh and clean as a mountain lake.
1. Make your own multi-purpose cleaner. Mix three parts water to one part distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle for cleaning countertops, appliances and more. Wipe dry with a clean cloth.
2. Green clean mirrors. Spritz a little water on mirrors and then wipe dry with a fine-weave microfiber cloth for a streak-free, lint-free shine. Removes fingerprints and smudges from stainless appliances too!
3. Deep clean floors fast. Clean floors with one cup vinegar mixed with one gallon water. Or, skip the vinegar and simply use the power of steam. Steam clean floors with the NEW Reliable Steamboy PRO T3 Steam and Scrub Floor Mop. The 3-in-1 cleaning tool simultaneously steams and scrubs tile and grout lines as well as freshens carpets and sanitizes sealed floors– all without the use of toxic chemicals!
4. Freshen your washing machine. Rid the washing machine of any bacteria that can cause foul odors by simply running a hot water wash with nothing but your regular laundry detergent.
5. Disinfect with H2O2*. Spritz any hard surface, such as a teething ring or cutting board, with a mist of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) followed by a mist of vinegar. Allow to air dry or wipe dry with a clean cloth. Or, destroy dirt and 99.99% of germs on contact with a handheld portable steam cleaner like the Reliable EnviroMate Pronto P7.
6. Try this microwave magic trick. Place a small microwave-safe bowl filled halfway with water in the oven. “Cook” on high for 5 minutes and then remove the bowl. The residual steam softens grime and makes it easy to wipe away.
*Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) has an extra molecule of oxygen that dissipates upon exposure to the air, becoming only
About Donna Smallin Kuper
Through her own special brand of inspiration and practical tips for “cleaning smarter, not harder”, Donna helps consumers lead happier, cleaner and less stressful lives.
Donna’s print books have sold over one million copies worldwide. On November 26th, 2014, Donna will be launching her new book, “Clear the Clutter, Find Happiness”— just in time for the holidays!
As a leading authority on cleaning and one of the organizing industry’s most recognized and respected experts, Donna frequently appears on national television and radio as well as often quoted in major print and online publications (www.unclutter.com).