Steamy spring cleaning solutions
With spring in the air many people start to plan a spring-cleaning weekend. What may come as a surprise to many is that high temperature steam can make all of those spring-cleaning efforts much easier and more effective. Reliable steam cleaners offer a solution for the big spring-cleaning chores like windows and walls as well as a myriad of everyday household cleaning tasks.
Here are some spring-cleaning steam basics:
1. Remove clutter from the house giving dust mites pet dander and other allergens less places to accumulate. Those that remain will be removed using a variety of attachments that come with a good steam cleaner.
2. Take the cold weather clothes from the closets and drawers and ensure they are clean and dry before storing for the summer giving moths and insects less reason to nest. A fabric steamer will freshen fabrics without chemical detergents, fabric softeners or wrinkle removers.
3. Flip the mattress. This something to do with the change of each season that will help maintain the shape of the mattress. Using steam to sanitize all surfaces of the mattress in the process will help reduce allergies caused from dust mites. High temperature steam also kills bed bugs should they ever come for a visit.
4. Clean the windows inside and out. Now that the sun is shining through them more often, simply remove the tell tale signs of built up winter dirt and grime with the power of steam. Steam makes quick work of freshening blinds and draperies too.
5. Move and clean behind and beneath appliances where grease, grime and dust have been accumulating. High temperature steam will remove grease from the surface of appliances as well as the surfaces they sit on.